Sentimental Sunday: a Special Gift

Sunday, October 14, 2018
My Momma's lives in Heaven now.
We are grieving deeply, but we hold onto the hope we have in Jesus that we will see her again.
She took a turn for the worse this past week, spent 3 days in the hospital, and came home on Friday with Hospice Care. She passed away already last night, never even needing a Hospice nurse.
PRAISE BE TO GOD!!
In June I took this snapshot of my Mom, doing what she loves best...
Reading the Word of God!
Since this photo was taken, Mom had taken a definite turn for the worse, after a three day stay in the hospital with congestive heart failure, and a small heart attack.  It was so hard to see her declining due to dementia.
When my sister visited recently she brought this VERY SPECIAL GIFT to each of us sisters.
She took the photo I sent her and had it made into this slate plague. She made it into black and white to make it timeless. I teared up instantly. What a precious reminder to be in the Word of God.
We had a great time spending time together as sisters while Lynette was here

When Mom was admitted this last time we knew it would be her last days so Lynette flew back home on a one-way ticket.
What a precious time to spend with them again and my dad while we said our good-byes.
Thank you for stopping by and sharing in my Sentimental Sunday.
We appreciate your prayers
Christi


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates