Sentimental Sunday

Sunday, January 13, 2019
Are you a Scrapbooker?
I started scrapbooking in 1996 when our youngest son was 10 years old. 
I went gang busters for many years, but once I started making cards I LOVED that so much that my scrapbooking when on the "back burner" - Oh, I still worked on my scrapbooking, but just not as aggressive, and I even stopped taking as many photos.
Looking back I kind of laugh because I have created MANY pages because I wanted a certain page so I went out and took pictures to create it!  Especially when I was doing day care - those kids were a great subject!!
I mean... just look at these kids!!
I put together specific albums just for all the kids I watched and then, one by one as they graduated from high school I gifted them one album. (approx. 17- 8 1/2 x 11 albums)
 Riana, Lake, Kelly & Kyle just a few of my "first" kids that I watched
 Kelly
 Riana and Kelly
 Kelly
Gracie
Fast forward to a few years ago when several ladies asked me to have a scrapbooking day when I picked up my scrapbooking on a semi-annual basis.
Fast forward to present day -
My sweet mama passed away in October  last years. After everything was done I took 2 days to scrapbook all the photos surrounding those last 2 weeks.  It was so very therapeutic for me.
Over the Christmas and New Year weeks I  had no card classes planned so I pulled out all of my photos and papers and set to work. I did have a set goal and am happy to say I reached it, and then some.
What I wanted to say right from the start is that you might think that scrapbooking is a waste of time and money, but as I was working on these photos I came upon some pictures that I took on Super Bowl Sunday. My first thought was "Why do I need to scrapbook Super Bowl Sunday?" BUT...then I ran across a picture of Mom watching the game along with the guys. I was so glad to have those ordinary photos. We also took Mom and Dad to a Music in the Park event and out to ice cream, and I snapped just a couple photos - but I was so glad to be able to see my Mom in some of her good days.

I hope I didn't ramble on too much - but just to encourage you to pull out those scrapbooks and document your memories.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Christi







Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates