RHSSC #45 - Monkey Boy!!

Sunday, July 15, 2012
Sketch Challenge Time!!!

This is what we had to work with this week...
And here is my take on it...
Okay, now I have to tell you a story...
Our Grandson, Tyler, lately has been making funny Monkey Faces which always makes us laugh so I told him that I would make a monkey card and feature him on my blog doing his monkey face.
So here is my inspiration...

 Monkey Bars

 Even Grampa got in on the Monkey Fun!

When I told Tyler I would make a card I really didn't have anything special in mind, but I knew that I had some Punch Art ideas that I could rely on for the monkey, 
now for the layout...
A Sketch Challenge!  Perfect!  
I was thrilled to see I had one to use for Tyler's monkey card.
I really thought it looked a bit bare so I tried adding some words
 I chose to use the retired stamp set SMARTY PANTS for the words
First I tried the Decorative Label Punch $16.95 #120907
 Then I found this "Lucky Leftover" in my folder of Whisper White card stock
 Designer Frames Folders
2 folders to emboss frames (ea. 4-1/2" x 2-7/8").
Oval shape coordinates with Extra-Large Oval
Punch (p. 184).
$8.95 123130
I like this better, the Tangerine Tango isn't so overwhelming
Then I tried adding a little Linen Thread to make it look like a sign or something
Which version do you like the best?  I would be interested to know.
OH!  By The Way... Stampin' Up! now is going to sell Google Eyes
Coming Soon in the Holiday Catalog available August 1st!!
(Just call this a 'preview')
The little bananas were made by punching 1" circles from Daffodil Delight card stock and coloring the ends and making the strip down the middle with a Chocolate Chip Marker.

I thought this card turned out so cute I would make some more.  The Designer Paper is retired so I thought I might as well use up the full 12x12 sheet.  This time I had help from...
Tyler!!  the Monkey Boy himself!!
He did a great job!

Thanks For Stopping By!

Have a Fun Day!!

Christi
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates