We Are IN!!

Saturday, July 16, 2016
We are IN!! - well sort of...
I don't know how we would have been able to accomplish this enormous task without the help of friends and family.
We started our day with signing (our life away) the papers for the new house to make it our own.
We are now home owners again!!
 And you are WELCOME to stop by and say "HI"
And exactly as I was hoping, the very first piece of furniture that entered our home was our kitchen table and chairs that we spent hours refinishing.
 My 3 sisters gave us a beautiful bouquet of red and yellow roses!!  I LOVE THEM!
Yesterday was a HUGE day of moving starting at 11:00 am and going until 9:00 pm.  WHEW!  We could NOT have accomplished this move without the help of these fabulous people:
And the "day shift" were the first guests to eat at our table.  Our daughter Julie, my sister, Judy, my friends Steve and Bev.  Bev is a stamping friend and they sure went far above the call of duty.
The "night" shift consisted of Julie (again - what a trooper), Jeff, Joey and a friend from church, Kerry, who also is the owner of the 18 foot trailer so it only took 3 trips to get everything over here. Good thing we only moved a mile away!! Kerry did not want his picture taken so this is all I got, but boy did these guys (and Julie) work hard lifting all the heavy stuff!
So much happening I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted/should have
Friday morning Dale had to hook up the washer/dryer. He had to climb on top and crawl behind to hook up the vent and gas for the dryer.
I still have boxes and boxes that will not get unpacked for WEEKS because we now need to focus on finishing off the basement.  THEN I will really be organizing my craft room AGAIN!!  Good thing I love it!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Christi Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I'm so glad you love your table and that it was the first thing in! That made me smile. �� It was so much fun painting it and I was honored that you asked me to do it and that you actually liked the idea of doing it this way! My first 'commissioned' piece!! Yay! It was also fun to fellowship together when you came out and offered to help paint toward the end. That was very sweet and I think that was the best part of my painting time! ❤️ Huge shout out to Dale for his mad poly coating skills too! Dale, I may have to pick your brain for my own table that I want to redo. Enjoy your beautiful new home together!! ❤️

Kendra said...

I apologize! Huge shout out to Dale for his mad poly and STAINING skills! When I edited it that somehow got left out. Sorry about that!

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates