Sentimental Sunday

Sunday, February 17, 2019
I have the sweetest friends!

My friend, Becky, is one of those extra-special friends because we have been together as friends for 50 years! We celebrate our anniversary this year!  How did we meet? Well, when we were 12 years old we became pen pals...YES PenPals!! bet you don't hear of that much anymore do you?

We met for the first time when we were in high school when she came to my area of Michigan for an event. And then not again until we traveled to her home after the birth of her second baby.

Even though we haven't physically spent time together, we have stayed close through correspondence. We can definitely say that we have prayed one another through many of life's up's and down's.

Earlier this week I received a package from Becky. She called it "late" Merry Christmas, and "early" Happy Birthday.

Look what I found in the box:
What I also need to tell you is that Becky is an amazing seamstress. She really makes the coolest things for bazaars and special orders.
 The one on the left holds ink pens (or whatever you need) and it attaches to your journal, book, or Bible, and is made from sturdy vinyl.
Becky knows that I am an M&M super fan, and Yellow is my favorite character.
This zipper pouch must have been made from an M&M package because just look at the back...
FUN!! Right!! and it is lined with fabric.  I mean, seriously, how cute is this??!!
But really choked me up was the memory pillow she made because of losing my mom last year
Can you read it? It say "Forever with the Lord in heaven! Forever with us in our hearts" Jacqueline Joslin 8.3.28-10.13.18
 And then I turned it over...
How she does all this, I'm not sure, but I LOVE IT!!
Thank you dear friend for touching my heart.
And thank you for stopping by!
Christi
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates