Cheers to 100 Years!!

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Look Who's Turning 100 Years Old Today! 

                                                     1944

Only 18 years old


Taken on Father's Day

I made some cards for him:

Dad loved to hunt - I grew up on eating wild game
Dad had a love of lighthouses - He probably appreciated them because he was in the Navy in WW11. Serving as Seaman 1st Class on the USS Harry F Bauer which was a mine sweeper ship.
Dad loved to fish 
Growing up we had a mural painted on our wall of a lake with trees and he requested to have a small boat on the edge of the lake. It was a beautiful mural - absolutely huge! I sure wish that I had a picture of the mural, because the new owners covered it up with paneling. I remember as a little girl, watching the artist paint that mural on our wall. It was such a calming presence.

I created some inside sentiments for him as well



Happy Birthday, Daddy! what an amazing legacy you are leaving to your four daughters.

We held an open house on Saturday with family coming in from several states to honor him.

We also opened it up for friends and family from church and our cousins. Dad is the last remaining Uncle from both sides of the family, and we were so blessed that so many came out to honor him.

He met our mom while he was on leave after boot camp and they corresponded over the next two years that he was deployed. He never kept the letters that she sent him, but my mom saved every last bit and it is so sweet how he signed each letter to her "With Oceans of Love and a Kiss on Every Wave." They married within months of his returning home in July 1946.

They were married for 72 years before my mom passed away from dementia in 2018. 
Four girls! and being the youngest daughter, I never felt like he thought "oh I wish I had a boy" 

Growing up loved is so important, but when I asked him recently if there was anything that he would've changed if he could go back, he said that he would have spent less time in the woods (or on the lake) and be more present in our lives as we were growing up. 

All I know is that he was always there for the important stuff, and today he says how very blessed he is for each of us.


So here's to 100 years!! We never know how many years the Lord will afford him, but we treasure the times we can still be with him.

He now resides is a small home for veterans which is still considered independent living. 

Oftentimes he is asked what is his secret for such a long life (and how good he still looks) He will instantly recite Proverbs 3:5-6 "trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path". I absolutely love this!!

CURRENT CATALOGS


You can also shop online for MANY other products that are not found in the printed copy.


EXAMPLES to check out...

*the scrapbooking options

*the online exclusives (Sometimes I find myself liking these better that what I see in the printed catalog so don't miss out because you don't like to shop on line)

*the LAST CHANCE List

Please click on the links below to shop with me...


Shop the Last Chance List - Save up to 60%

Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin HERE

Join Christi's Creative Crew

Click HERE to shop with me



Christi Waite, Christi's Creative Crew

christiwaite@gmail.com

christicreativecrew.blogspot.com

 

Thanks so very much for letting me be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

 

Have an amazing day!

Christi


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates