I Received an Award!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Yesterday I received this Stylish Blogger Award from my friend and Up line, Glenda.
I met Glenda because I was looking for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in my area that I could purchase my card stock through because I think (know) that Stampin' Up! has the BEST cards stock around. When my current demonstrator dropped her demo status I asked a friend whom I knew had a demonstrator. Thinking that I would only be purchasing card stock when I needed it, Glenda told me about a Stamp A Stack class that she was having - and the rest is history. I went to that class and only one other gal was there. I was HOOKED! and started going to other events and classes. Someone said "you should be doing this" and of course I was thinking "NO WAY!" but Glenda told me I could just be a 'hobbyist' to get my product at the discounted price, so I thought "why not". Within three months I had my first recruit and then started - very slowly - to have classes. Now I am at 8 ladies in my own down line and one in a second down line. I absolutely LOVE Stampin' Up! as you can probably tell and have the best time when I am in my craft room working away at classes or projects.


Part of getting this award means I need to pass it on to 8 other great blogs that I visit on a regular basis, plus tell you 8 things about myself that you might not know.

1. I am the fourth girl and baby of the family
2. I am married to Dale who is the fourth boy and baby of his family
3. I have three children, 1 daughter and 2 sons, (respectively)
4. I am a Gramma of two: Tyler age 8 and Gracie age 5 (my daughter's children)
5. My husband and I are empty nesters
6. I have run a day care business in my home for 14.5 years
7. Previous to this day care business I worked at the ADVANCE newspaper in Hudsonville/ Jenison area for 18 months and at a retirement home for 18 months. When I went past 18 months as a day care provider I knew I had found my calling
8. Another side job I enjoy is baking and decorating cakes for any occasion.

Here are 8 of the blogs that I visit on a regular basis

Of course Glenda's but her's is linked above.
Rachel - Rachel and I signed on under Glenda at approximately the same time, and we have enjoyed being together at the classes and meetings, and have become great friends even though she is almost young enough to be my daughter.
France - France is a friend of Glenda's and we checked out her site and found that she has great ideas and does a lot of helpful videos.
Dawn - Dawn's blog was one of the first blogs that I started watching and I love that she posts every day. She also does a lot of helpful videos. I recently got to meet Dawn at the Leadership Conference in Nashville Tenn and it felt like I met a celebrity.
Sandy - I also met Sandy in Nashville for the first time, but I have been watching her blog for quite some time. She is just as sweet in real life that she portrays on her blog.
Julie - Julie is a new friend that came across my blog last year after she signed on to be a demo. We live only 3 hours away from one another, but we didn't meet until we went to the Leadership Conference together. Julie has a wonder elegant design to her cards and classes, and I truly believe I found a lifetime friend.
Becky - I love Becky's blog - she has amazing ideas and is pretty high up in Stampin' Up! I got a glimpse of her at Leadership but never close enough to grab a photo.
Angie - Angie's blog is another one where I get a lot of ideas from and she also does a lot of helpful videos.
Lisa - Lisa's blog is another one where I find great ideas and she is willing to share her patterns and dimension which is very helpful.

Well, that is a little bit about me and the blogs that I visit. Be sure to check them out and leave a comment on their blog. We all like to get comments; that's what keeps us posting daily.

Christi Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates