Sew Suite

Monday, March 14, 2011
When I was a little girl I couldn't wait until I was old enough to learn to sew like my mom and my big sisters. My sister, Judy, began teaching 4-H when she was still a teenager and I begged her to teach me how. So in third grade, only 8 years old, I made my very first project...the typical apron and towel that 4-H suggests for the first year. All my growing up years I had many successes and failures over the years but I am thankful for the skill I learned from my ever-so- patient sister.

We used to spend every Thanksgiving Day with the four sisters and Mom sewing to our hearts content while the men, (my dad and the boyfriends of my sisters) would go hunting. There are a lot a great memories wrapped around sewing. I really don't do much at all now, but I still love the nostalgia of it all. Thanks to Connie Babert for this cute idea and thank you to my friend Sue who loaned her Sew Suite stamp set. She even let me borrow it before she used it - now that's a good friend!



MENU:
SS: Sew Suite, Occasional Quotes
CS: Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, WW, Sweet Stitches DSP
INK: Melon Mambo, Staz On Black
Accessories: Scallop Square punch, Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon, Sweet Stitches Fabric Brads, Dimensionals, Tasteful Trim XL Die, Big Shot.

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates