Down Line Challenge

Thursday, May 9, 2013
First things first - Don't forget to sign up for one of the May Classes.  Click HERE for the details.

Tuesday I had a meeting with the wonderful gals of Christi's Creative Crew.  I appreciate these ladies so very much and I wanted to encourage and challenge them to step out of their comfort zone and hold a Personal Card Making Class (aka workshop) with some friends or family members.  So to give them an idea of what they could do at their class we made these three cards to show how you can "step up" from a simple, cute card to giving it the "WOW Factor."
Simply by adding a layer of black card stock and some textured embossing stepped it up one level.  In the final card we added a paper doily and some paper piercing.  Would the first card be good enough?  Absolutely!! but the idea is to show how you can change up your card and give it that "WOW Factor."  And now to give credit where credit is due I snagged this idea from Diane Vander Galien, thanks Diane!

When I was cutting out the Apothecary Framelits in preparation for the meeting I ended up with negative images like this...
So I challenged them again to come up with some ideas using these negative images.  They each took home 2 Basic Black and 1 Very Vanilla.  I can't wait until next month's meeting to see what they all come up with.
This is the first thing I used mine for...
I placed it on the inside of my card and sponged some Pool Party ink inside, giving my birthday greeting a little "something extra."  When I put my cards at the store to sell I like to put a sentiment inside and it can be difficult sometimes to come up with something new so they don't all say the same thing.  I pulled my KIND AND CARING THOUGHTS retired stamp set out for this cards sentiment.

Stay tuned to tomorrow's post and I will show you the technique that I shared with them that night as well.  You are going to LOVE it!!

Thanks for stopping by! and remember...
You can Shop Stampin' Up! online anytime, just click HERE 

Don't forget about the retired lists and my special deal just for you! 
Anyone who places an online order from now until May 30th, their name will go in a special drawing.  I have a gift for the winner from the NEW catalog, you don't want to miss out!!
Click HERE for the PDF of the retiring stamp list
Click HERE for the PDF of the retiring accessories list  





Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates