Sonny & Cher??

Monday, May 13, 2013
 
When our Daughter, Julie, and our son, Jeff, were in high school they were both involved with the High School Choir, and they both participated in the small group called 20th Century.  Here they are, Julie is a Senior and Jeff a sophomore when they sang the Sonny and Cher song "I'VE GOT YOU BABE" at the Annual Music Revue Show.  As I sat in the audience (every night!!) I was shocked and thrilled that they actually had their arms around each other as the song ended.  Julie likes to brag that at one time she was actually taller than Jeff.  Sorry about the grainy-ness of the photo but it is all we could come up with.  Remember this was pre-digital era.  This past Friday night at the High School's Annual Revue Show they invited Revue Show Alumni to sing one song together to honor Mr Dean Nederveld who was their choir director.  He was my choir director as well and was my absolute favorite teacher and choir was my favorite class.

Let me indulge you in a story - When I was in 7th Grade I was in the band (saxophone) and HATED it! So in 8th Grade I joined the choir with Mr. Nederveld as my teacher.  The very first song he had us sing was "BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS" and at Friday's Revue Show the alumni sang "BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS." You can imagine my tears of joy, and remembrance.  It was also an amazing time to see Mr. Nederveld again.  I still love him dearly.
 Over 50 alumni singing and honoring MY favorite teacher.
 Julie, Mr Nederveld, Jeff, Myself and Julia (Julie's best friend and our "adopted" 2nd daughter)
I was so proud when Julie and Jeff were involved in the choir and the Revue Shows - they were so much fun (wish they had those when I was in school)
Here they are together again.  I am one proud Mama.  I have been looking forward to this night ever since they graduated.

Thanks for stopping by and walking down memory lane with me.
Christi Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates