I'm so spoiled

Monday, June 24, 2013
I call my hubby a Jack of All Trades and Master of Most.  He is so handy and loves to have a project going.  If you follow my blog at all you know that he has been working on making me a second kitchen in our basement.  This kitchen will serve as storage for all my cake supplies as well as a second oven for baking and a second refrigerator for keeping them cool before delivery or pick up.  It also served us very well during the OPEN HOUSE last week to serve the ladies who attended. 
When "phase 1" was completed he asked me what I would like him to do next.  The original plan was to start on more cabinets for the kitchen, but then I thought about the work station I was dreaming of so he took a week off work to start on my work station.  "Would you like it done for your Open House?" YOU BET!  Thanks babe!  Want to see it?

This is the front - it is all set up for a Make and Take for the Open House.  Underneath he made two shelves that store my envelopes, tape, and so much more.  The two drawers hold so many supplies like pens and pencils, address book and labels - and so much more.
This is the back side.  My hubby painted the two recessed panels with a magnetic paint and then a coat of chalk paint.  This allows me to hang up the monthly specials and I put my certificate from when I promoted to Manager on it.  It is not a terribly strong magnet paint but I purchased extra strong magnets and that works perfectly.

 On the sides I had him make shelves specific to what I wanted to store on them.
.
 My craft room is quite large and long and I was forever traipsing from my work table to the the other end where I stored everything.  Now it is all neat and tidy and accessible.  I LOVE my work station!!

Dale blogged the work in progress on our family blog.  If you want to see that you can click HERE.
 
I love stamping on my new work station.  It has a firmer top than the 6 foot table that I was using before and therefore gives me a crisper image - especially when I have a large background stamp.
Now you can see why I say I am so spoiled.  This weekend he made his plans for supplies and will begin work on another cabinet for the kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by!
Christi




Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Cherie said...

What a lucky lady to have such a wonderful, talented hubby! Your craft room looks wonderful! TFS!

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates