Scrapbooking Day

Saturday, May 21, 2016
Today I am having a couple friends over so we can work on our scrapbooks together.  The reason we love to do it together is because we can share ideas and bounce other ideas off each other when we are stuck for an idea for a page.
One of the things I have been doing with my Paper Pumpkin Kit each month is to make a 12x12 page using the elements in the kit along with other products that I have on hand.
The May 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit was called MANY MANLY OCCASIONS and held elements to make 8 masculine cards with a great stamp set that has all the words for the men in your life (Uncle, Son, Nephew, Father, etc.)  Here is the Stampin' Up! video to watch (remember if you are getting this in your automatic feed to your email, just click on the title header and it will direct you to my blog where you can view the video)
Now, I am not an "orange" kinda gal so I didn't jump on board with making all of my cards with the Orange corrugated paper (which is very cool, by the way).  If you are one of my subscribers you should already have received the PDF for the alternate ideas.
But one thing (even though I included it in the PDF) I make sure to share with everyone is my 12x12 scrapbook page.
The orange corrugated paper made me think of pumpkins!  I guess I am 2 seasons ahead of myself! I am using some non-Stampin' Up! products on the page as well.
I made sure when I cut out the pumpkins that I had the ribs in the corrugated paper going different directions.
The clouds were sponged on by using the largest scallop circle punch and a bunch of shades of blue ink.  If my memory serves me well they are: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Island Indigo and Night of Navy.  I always start with the lightest color and then build up to the darkest color.  I wasn't quite satisfied because a spooky fall night should have a bit of an eerie sky so I added (very softly) some black ink as the final touch and I felt it brought it all together.  Now I am hoping to find a halloween photo of the grandkids to put on this page for my scrapbook album otherwise I will need to wait for this years Halloween photos.
If you want to jump on board the Paper Pumpkin train please click HERE to get my private link. Each  month is always a surprise, we never know in advance what will be in the kit.  Last month it was a project to make a cute little wreath, but with all the alternate ideas out there I used mine to make some cute little monster cards (among other things)
This card was inspired by Rachel Tessman who heads up a wonderful Paper Pumpkin Fan Club through Facebook
Thanks for stopping by!
Christi Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates