Away in a Manger

Thursday, December 19, 2013
These are the cards that I made for our Minister of Fine Arts and Worship to give to all the choir members.


Now, I have a funny story to tell you...

Many years ago our church purchased brand new hymnals.  Shortly after that the wife of our Assistant Pastor, at that time, came up to me with a hymnal in her hand and said "perhaps you would like to purchase this hymnal from the church."  I was quite dumb-founded, but not for long - Our Joey about 7 years old had written on the book binding "Joey was here and so was Jeff, Julie and Mom and Dad." Oh, how hard I laughed! I wanted to take a picture to show you, but over the years (20 years ago) the writing has worn down - but I still own that hymnal!!  And that is what I used to make this Christmas card for the choir members.  I photocopied the song, minimized it to fit my card front then started tearing, sponging and then stamped the Babe in a Manger from the retired stamp set FIRST CHRISTMAS in Versa Mark and heat embossed it with Black Embossing Powder.  The star was stamped with Versa Mark and heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.  There were a few steps to this - but I only needed to make 50 of them!! :)


(Inspired by Mary Ann Wood) I'm happy with the way they turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Christi


Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates