Another Update

Saturday, June 11, 2016
We have had this wonderful oak dinning room table for MANY YEARS and I sure don't want to part with it.  Since the new cabinets are a dark wood we didn't think that the oak table would look good in the same room.  Sorry about the messy table, wasn't planning on using this photo on my blog, but it's my BEFORE picture
This table has served us so well for over 20 years.  
Games played:
I want our table and chairs to be the first thing that we take into the new house because I want our house to be a welcoming home where family and friends will enjoy sitting around the table fellow-shipping together.  Just like in this photo from December 2012 enjoying time with former day care kids and families.
This isn't my best look, but I'm getting the job done!  Dale and I spent 3 nights stripping and staining the table top and the chair seats.
My friend, Kendra, suggested that we stain the top of the table and the seats of the chairs a dark walnut (we chose one called Espresso by Minwax) and the rest an antique(y) white using Miss Lillian's Chalk Paint.  (Eyeing the Past)
After Dale and I stained, Kendra came and worked at painting the rest.  As of today we are done with 2 coats of the white and it is looking perfect.  Probably 2 more coats and then the polyurethane and we are done!!  I love this so much!! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates