August Cakes

Wednesday, August 31, 2011
It was a BIG cake month for me and I am very thankful!!
Here are the cakes that I made for August...

This first one was made for Lake Michigan Horse and Jockey Association
for their 25th Anniversary celebration

Thank goodness for edible images!!

This next one was for Will
who always loved dump trucks and loaders as a kid




This next one was for my nephew, Nathan, who was visiting from Canada for his 6th birthday.
Nathan loves bright colors and when he draws pictures he is drawn to sketching rainbows.
He said "you can put a sun on it."

I added the pot of gold for good measure

and here is a photo of Nathan and Auntie. You can see he really was happy with his cake.


This Tractor cake was for one year old Elijah. Elijah was one of my special day care kids. He loves to play with cars and tractors and makes the "vvrrrrmmmm" sounds when he plays so they chose a John Deere tractor cake because Grandpa has a John Deere.


Pocahontas cake for Nikki (Will's sister)
Guess they were going retro this year as Nikki always loved Pocahontas as a little girl
(they are now both in their 20's)


The last one I made was for a friend at church whose family celebrated four birthdays so I incorporated their favorite hobbies on one cake

Lynn = Basketball
Tim = Football
Jim = Sketch Artist
Alyssa = the only girl in the bunch got a rose.

Whew!! I wonder what September will offer

Have a Sweet Day!!

Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates