First Day of School

Saturday, August 20, 2011
At the beginning of the school year I like to make a card and maybe even a little treat for Tyler and Gracie to give their teachers for the first day of school and this year is no different, but you will have to wait just a bit for what I chose to make for them to give their teachers.

The cards I have here are ones I made for my little nieces and nephews to give to their teachers. If you read my blog yesterday you saw pictures of my nieces and nephews that I don't get to see very often as they live so very far away. I thought it would be fun to make a card for them to give to their teachers on the first day of school.


Little Maggie and Breanna are both in a Pre-School/Day Care situation so I thought this card with the three little friends was perfect for them. The little dresses are made from the stamp set AWASH WITH FLOWERS and was inspired by a card I saw made by Laurie LaRose on the Stampin' Connection.


MENU:
SS: All In The Family, Awash With Flowers, First Day (retired)
CS: Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, DSP: Just Add Cake
INK: Stazon Jet Black, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Blushing Bride
Punches: Curly Label, Spiral
Accessories: Movers and Shapers Magnetic Curly Label Die, Big Shot, Pear Pizzazz Ribbon, Dimensionals, Markers

This next card was made for the two little boys Nathan (1st grade) and Noah (3rd grade). Noah stayed back in New Jersey with his Papa, but we enjoyed getting to know Nathan. Nathan's mom told me a cute story about how Nathan was moved up to 1st grade - just to meet the teacher, etc. at the end of last school year. He was quite apprehensive about moving up and preferred to stay back in kindergarten with the teacher he had. After he spent that time with the new teacher his mom asked him how it went and if he was ready to go to the new class with the new teacher. His response was "yeah, she's pretty good looking." How funny, at 6 years old he had determined it was okay to have to look at this teacher all day. I thought how appropriate it was to use TOTALLY TESS as the "good looking" school teacher.


MENU:
SS: Totally Tess, First Day (retired)
CS: Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Whisper White, DSP: In Colors
INK: Black Staz On, Poppy Parade, Craft White,
Markers: Sahara Sand, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Black, Chocolate Chip
Punches: 1-1/4" Circle, Word Window
Inspired By: Technostamper
Thanks to: My friends Sue and Marla who so graciously loaned me their stamp sets.

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates