Craft Room Tour

Monday, August 15, 2016
I am keeping busy, but lately it seems like I have had so many special orders that I cannot share with you yet so I thought that I would share some photos of my new craft room.  My new craft room is 5 feet longer but 3 feet narrower than I had at the condo.  Three of the four walls have a ledge so it limits bookcase type storage.
This is where the ladies sit to make their cards.  I have 4- 6 foot tables together which seems to work perfectly.  You can see I am all set up for one of my COME STAMP WITH ME TUESDAY CLASSES.  The walls are painted REVERE PEWTER but I think it looks a lot like Sahara Sand.
This room has three of these day light windows and 14 canned lights.  The builder was shocked when I told him I needed 14 lights in there but I want it nice and bright for the ladies so they can see well when they stamp.
 We chose to carry the same flooring downstairs that we chose for the main level.
I'm so thankful that I was able to take my IKEA cabinets with me because they store my punches and steel ruled dies perfectly. The smaller rack on the left is a nail polish holder that I got from AMAZON and it fits my reinkers perfectly!
This book case is the perfect depth for the clear box stamps. We got this bookcase from church after the pastors wanted to update their space and remove several bookcases.   This is my retired stamp stash.  I added some hooks on the wall for customer orders
These are the two bookcases that I took with and was able to put them side by side which makes it look really nice and organized.  You can see more hooks on the wall for other items I like to keep handy.  I use a paper storage file on the wall for my current 12x12 Designer Paper.  I have another one that is attached to the side of my book case that you cannot see and I use that one for business paper. (orders and receipts etc)
The workstation that Dale made for me is still so perfect for stamping.  Even Gracie's artwork survived the move. I decided to have the lower IKEA cabinets go behind my work station instead of under the ones I showed you earlier. I thought that I would be hurting for space because I had to leave behind the giant storage drawers that Dale built for me, but they were bolted right down to the cement.  I keep my 8 1/2 x 11 card stock in the lateral file shown on the left with a normal size file next to it with my printer.  The smaller file holds my retired In-Color card stock.
I thought about cleaning off my work station for the photo, but that wouldn't be real life.  A messy work station means I am working hard for you, preparing classes and other great projects.
This is the lower half of the IKEA cabinets.  At the condo I had them directly under the ones that hold my punches, but I love having them separated giving me space for cutting, etc. My current stamps fit nicely on the ledge as well as my ink storage that Dale made for me.
The ribbon holders are also from IKEA.  I have 3 bars instead of 4 now, but I didn't want to reach so high to get anything out.
Thank you for joining in on my "tour", I hope you enjoyed it.  The space is nice and open with an inviting feel for everyone who enters.
Dale had even worked at getting the basement bathroom working so that the ladies do not need to go up stairs to use the spare bathroom.  As of the 14th we have been here for one month.  I think that we accomplished quite a lot in these 4 weeks.
Thanks for stopping by!
Christi
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates