Happy Birthday Mama!

Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Today is my sweet mama's 88th birthday!  Just one week ago my daddy turned 90, and in September they will celebrate 70 years of marriage.  These were two young sweethearts, that's for sure!!
This is the birthday card that I made to celebrate this milestone in my mama's life:
What I love about my Mama:
  • She loves Jesus more than anything!  I have fond memories of coming downstairs in the morning and she would be sitting at the table with her cup of coffee and the Bible open in front of her.  I knew that she was always praying for me!
  • I got my love of sending cards from my mama.  She sent cards to everyone imaginable right up until this year when it was too hard to keep things straight in her mind.
  • She always put the other person first.  She lived the acronym JOY: Jesus, Others, You.  She was always willing to go out of her way to help someone else out.
  • She was/is a wonderful grandma.  When our kids were little she would pop in just to take one of them with her to the grocery store.  They loved having a chance to spend the night over at Grandma's.
  • She was the BEST cook!  Her famous Lafayettes are to die for!!
I could go on and on, but I hope you will join me in wishing my Mama a happy 88th birthday!
Thanks for stopping by!
Christi


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates