RHSSC #61

Sunday, November 4, 2012
Welcome to the Red Hot Stamper Sketch Challenge for this week
This is the sketch we had to work with...
And this is my take on it...
I had this cute little face sitting on my table left over from my Punch Art Class preparations and thought this would be a fun card to put it on.  I guess this little face was my inspiration
So here is a little photo tutorial on how I made the flower...
Punch out 5 Blossom Petals, sponge edges                   Spritz petals with water
I used Daffodil Delight card stock and                          Crinkle up all petals as shown
More Mustard Ink
 This is what they will look like when you open them up
Stack your petals and pierce a                                   I used a large (5/8") Brad to hold
hole in the center                                                       them all together
 Now I started crunching again layer by layer
 Until it looks like this...
                        Then start pulling the layers apart until you get the look you want
 I attached my little face to the brad with a 3D Adhesive Dot

 Now to make the card.  
My Daddy used to (and sometimes still does) call me SUNSHINE so this is a dear term to me and comes into play many times in my thoughts and this looked like a sweet little sunshine.  
Sunshine belongs in a pretty fluffy-cloud sky so I thought I would show you how I make a cloudy sky for my cards...  
You can use any punch you want to shade your cards, so go ahead and be creative, but for clouds I chose to show you 4 different punches and how each cloud would look ...
 From Left to right, top to bottom I used 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Scallop Oval, Medium (1 3/4"x7/8") Oval, and 2 3/8" Scallop circle.  I decided I wanted my clouds to be made with the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle.  Next time I might just combine the different punches for my sky.
 The sentiment: I used My Digital Studio so I could print it out using the Night of Navy Ink
Once again here is my finished product.  I hope you like it.
Now Click HERE to see what the others did with this weeks sketch.
And here is a photo of my three sisters with our Daddy
 And these are our the ones who bring Sunshine to our life

Thanks For Stopping By!

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates