Remember When?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013
 This card was made special for my childhood friend, Phyllis.  We often talk about what a fantastic childhood we had together with so many fond memories.  And many times when we send a card to each other it will include words like "do you remember when..." or "I remember..." as most recently stated in her Christmas card to me "I remember coming over to your house on Christmas day..."
 I was playing around with this fold technique I saw on Lisa Young's blog (Lisa made a Christmas card using this technique and it is VERY pretty), and the embossing technique on the front of the card using Julie Davison's tutorial and the Framelits, and wanted to give it a try.  I thought and thought "what image would I like to see coming through the "window"?" When I came across the FOREVER YOUNG stamp set I thought it was exactly right and teaming it up with the sentiment from WORD PLAY made a perfect match.
 I found a friendship poem on the internet that I thought fit us perfectly.  I am so thankful to still have her in my life after 50+ years, especially since Phyllis has battled cancer off and on for years.  She is a very dear part of my life.
Happy Valentines Day, Phyllis!! I love you!!






Thanks for Stopping By!
Christi
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates