What Does The Fox Say?

Friday, January 24, 2014
Another snow day here in Michigan and Gracie, our 8 year old grand daughter, gets to spend the day here with Gramma!!  WOOT! WOOT!

We decided to make Gracie's Valentine Cards for her classmates at school

We cheated this year because we found exactly what Gracie wanted on the fabulous blog called DARLING DOODLES - a great source for printables - so we just printed those off and cut them out


But we wanted a special one for Miss Scott her 2nd grade teacher.  We also wanted to keep in the Fox theme so we went to Pinterest and searched for  a fox punch art.  Why wrack my brain when someone has already done a fabulous job, right?!

I found 2 punch art fox...one by Deidre and the other by Avery Murphy.  Avery's gave me the exact punches to use so I followed hers for this card.


Of course I didn't have the words etc to make the card resemble the cards Gracie will give to her friends so I made a dash to My Digital Studio to print this out.  I think Gracie had fun helping me decide how the word bubble would look.  I chose an oval punch, changed the color to black, made a text box and typed in my words, changing the colors.  "WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY" was also typed in a text box and I found the arrows in my newest download purchase of a class called BEAUTIFUL DAY.  I love this one!  You will see more of this coming soon.  Once I printed it out Gracie was disappointed that the oval didn't have the word bubble look so I simply added that with the fine tip of my black marker.  We added the cute little fox (we added the glimmer bow to her) and some hearts from the Heart to Heart Punch and the Owl Builder Punch.  The Designer Paper is POLKA DOT PARADE #126902 $10.95 on page 154 of the main catalog.

I am so delighted with this card I could shout!!
Remember you can shop Stampin' Up! on line, anytime!! Just Click HERE

Thanks for stopping by!

Christi


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

NMWatt said...

So FUN!!!! I'm glad MDS came to the rescue! There's some downloads with word bubbles like Hello There Kit, Timeless Talk, and Do Your Best printables (those are punches, so best for coloring in, etc...). Maybe I'll see you playing along with Kris and me at the Pixel Maven DigiChallenge?!

Bonnie said...

Absolutely love your blog!

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates