Sea (See) Turtles

Thursday, June 10, 2010
This is another inspired card by one of my day care kids. If you follow my blog you have seen a picture of Melina before, she has been with me since she was a baby. Melina had her last breakfast with Auntie for the school year, but she will be back in the fall.  I will really miss her smiley face for the summer. melina Melina’s mom bought her this cute shirt when she was on a business trip to Mexico and I thought the bright colors would make a great color challenge,  melina 1
but when I started working on it I really wanted to try to see if I could make some sea turtles. When I had the turtles all assembled I started reminiscing about a wonderful trip my sister treated me to in 2002 when she used her frequent flyer miles so I could join her in Cayman Island (where she was staying in a friends condo) for the Labor Day weekend. It was an especially stressful time in our life with Dale laid off from work and she thought I needed some time away. Boy, was she right! We had such a wonderful time being together at such a restful place. While we were there we visited the turtle farm and I laugh at how Lynette was so afraid to touch them.Turtle So this card was doubly inspired. My sister has been going through a stressful time lately so I wanted to send this card to her so it would be an encouragement and a reminder of how much I appreciated our time away together.
I was trying to get the “water effect” so I used the torn edge of a piece of scrap cardstock. It still looks a little like clouds, but I think it worked well enough. Adding the bubbles helped to make it look like they are swimming and not flying (tehe)
Cayman Island

MENU:
CS: Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, WW, Summer Sun, Pink Passion, DSP Kaleidoscope
INK: Bashful Blue, Black Marker
Accessories: Naturally Serif Die, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Sponge, Punches: Small, Large and Scalloped Ovals

So For Now...
Happy Stamping!!
Christi Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates