Talent Night

Monday, August 9, 2010

Each summer our church holds 6 Wednesday Night Fellowship Dinners. A few of them are set aside for something specific. For example one night they have a fun water carnival which is a big hit with the kids (and the kids at heart). The final evening is set aside for worship through music. Kind of like your old fashioned hymn sing, but the kids love to be able to choose which songs we sing. This past Wednesday was our TALENT NIGHT of which I am the coordinator. This has quickly grown into one of the favorite nights in the summer. This year we had 15 different and unique talents that were shared. When it is all done I send out a thank you to all who participated and include a photo that I took during their talent. So here is a look at the participants and the card they will receive. (Can’t have a posting without a card – right?)

Our piano players… DSC01680 DSC01707 Erin and Ila both received this card…59DSC01681DSC01780

Jake and Susie and Jacob and the sisters

DSC01757 (Julia, Janey, Abby and Alex)all received this card…DSCF0021DSC01762My friend Laura received this card… I don’t think the guys would have appreciated the ribbon rose (tehe).DSCF0001

Our two guitaristDSC01711Jake and EmilyDSC01764 received this card…DSCF0024DSCF0015

Our amazing fiddler, Grace, DSC01756received this card…DSCF0018This card- DSCF0016
I sent to several people… 1. An unusual talent was Jake who also doubled as Co-MC solved Rubix Cubes puzzles 4 of them in 5 min. DSC017032. Mrs. Dodge displayed her oil paintings that she painted at 90 years old…DSC01813You are never too old to try something new or at least stay active with something you love. (like making cards te-he) 3. The girls (Destinee, Angie, and Kelsey) that did an inspirational and fun skit from Ecclesiaties – a book of the Bible that our pastor had recently finished going through. DSC01721DSC01743DSC01812

Our dancers Amara and Jenna and Andrea all received this card because they remind me of beautiful butterflies when they dance. Butterflies techniqueYou just saw this card last week on my techniques posting. I love it when I have the opportunity to use these cards.

DSC01687DSC01688

A fun fun skit by Ben, Curtis, Cherie and Karie was a blast! They even used my bubble blowing machine for the great bath time effect. They all got this card…DSCF0014
Our son, Jeff DSC01773had been memorizing the book of Ephesians for about a year now so he recited that to us. I was so amazed, and not sure why because he has always been good with memory, but how pleased we are that he chooses to memorize God’s word is a true blessing. Even though EVERY act was GREAT, he was the only one that night to get a standing ovation. What that says to me is that our church body truly loves the word of God, and so I believe it was not Jeff they gave the ovation to, but to our Heavenly Father who gave us His Word. I gave Jeff this card…DSCF0019 Simple and Elegant a great guy thank you DSC01678Chris (our youth director) was our main MC for the evening and I am so thankful for how he pulls it all together because if it had to be me up there we wouldn’t have a talent night – I am strictly a behind the scenes girl. Perhaps you saw my Build a Bear card way back when. I wasn’t sure who would be the lucky one to get it, but when I added a microphone to his hand it made it perfect to give to Chris.DSCF0020 I’m sorry this was such a long post, but the evening was so much fun I wanted to share it with you.

So For Now…

Happy Stamping!!

And USE those talents!!!

Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates