A Card With A Story

Friday, June 10, 2011
This is a card with a story...

This is my friend, Linda, who so very faithfully comes to Stamp A Stack classes each month.
She purchased a new coat and couldn't wait to show it to me because she knows that I have a habit of designing cards out of every day items that inspire me for color or design.

Here is a close up of her coat...


Right after I saw her coat I received the new Summer Mini Catalog from Stampin' Up! and what was the first thing that caught my eye? The hostess level 2 stamp set
called Love and Care

Check out the Summer Mini Catalog icon on the right hand side of my blog.


I thought it was the perfect stamp set to design a card to match Linda's coat.
Actually we made this card at our May Stamp A Stack Class but I didn't post it with the others (did you notice I missed one?) because I issued a challenge to my C3 Down Line at last months meeting to use something (like an article of clothing or a piece of furniture) as an inspiration to create a card. So this was actually my challenge creation as well for last nights meeting.


I hope you enjoyed my creation

MENU:
SS: Love and Care
CS: Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
INK: Same as the card stock plus Whisper White
Punches: 1-1/4", 1-3/8" and 1-3/4" Scallop Circles


Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates