Waiting for Baby Part 2

Tuesday, February 4, 2014
One of the things I REALLY wanted to do when we found out that Jessica was expecting was to give her a journal to write in while they wait for Baby Waite to arrive.  I bent the ear of two of the My Digital Studio Reps at Leadership and then still ended up calling them up for further instruction (I am so thankful to work for a company that has such patient employees)

This is what I came up with...


While I was at Leadership I also spent some time at the UNDEFINED station.  UNDEFINED is where you can design your own stamp.  I never purchased it because I wanted to see how others used it first and to see if it would be something I wanted to invest in.  This is what your kit comes with...  4 wood blocks, 1 stamp rubber, 1 piece of CLEAR MOUNT CLING FOAM in case you want to make it a clear block stamp, 1 Island Indigo Marker and 2 cool carving tools.  One is for larger areas and the other for finer, precise areas.


This is what the refill kit looks like (sorry about my finger in the photo)


Since I knew I wanted to make the journal using a cloud pattern I thought I would make a cloud stamp.  I left it inked up so you could see it better in the photo


When the journal arrived I stamped the cloud image on each page.  I thought it would be a great place for Jess to put the date or a special scripture verse in it when she journaled.


This could be habit forming!!

Here's another idea I got from Pinterest - a pin for the Gramma to be.  I made one for myself and one for Jess' mom as well.


I printed the little baby and words using MY DIGITAL STUDIO and punched it out to fit the smashed bottle cap.  The beads were found at a local specialty shop where I can purchase beads singly.  After I chose the design and how I wanted it to look, Dale helped me to put it all together.  He really is a handy hubby!!  I think I will keep him!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Christi 


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates