Feeling Sentimental

Thursday, January 10, 2013
Today is the first day of the Stampin' Up! Leadership Convention in Orlando Florida, and tonight Managers and above get to go the Exclusive Managers Reception.  Henry is holding my ticket and the invitation is sitting right next to him.  Where are we going?  We are going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios!  Notice he is sitting on a stack of Harry Potter Movies...  Thanks to my friend Marla who owns them all and let us borrow them since we have never seen any of them we wanted to watch them before we left so I would know what to expect when I got there.
And since we were watching Harry Potter, Henry thought he would join us.  Henry is wearing Tyler's Harry Potter glasses that he used for his Halloween costume this past year.

In this particular episode Harry's form of transportation to Hogwarts School is through a telephone booth just like this one. Henry and I couldn't resist making a card in honor of my earning the FREE Exclusive Managers Reception.

and while my hubby and I were enjoying a day at Disney's Epcot Center we saw this phone booth and just HAD to have my picture taken by it.  I tried stepping inside to see if it would transport me to Hogwarts, but alas, it didn't open.
I thought I should make up my January Thank You notes using the FEELING SENTIMENTAL stamp set from the Sale A Bration Brochure.  This is just one of the stamp sets that you will be able to earn FREE with a $50 purchase between January 22nd and March 22nd.

Does this ever happen to you when you are stamping? Where you get ink on the edge of the rubber and mess up your card?  UURRGG!!
Here is a simple solution ~ all you need to do is take your handy dandy CRAFT AND RUBBER SCISSORS (pg 180 #103179 $19.95) and trim all around the edge to remove the excess rubber.  These Scissors are PERFECT and cut through your rubber like butter. When they get a bit gunky from the stickiness just clean them up with a little goo-gone.
TADA!  now you can get a perfect image!

Another super fun thing about going to any Stampin' Up! events are the SWAPS!  Earlier I showed you the card that I was swapping, but if you missed it click HERE to see it.  Then I thought I would like to bring along some 3D swaps because I know from experience that there will be some 3D swappers out there and I will wish I had something to swap with them. So this is my 3D swap
Fun little note books using some of the new Designer Paper and Stamps.  I can't wait to show you all the fun things I swap for.  Stay tuned...

Thanks For Stopping By!
Christi Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates