You're Unforgettable + RHSSC #71

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Today is "coming home day" so I thought showing this card that says "You're Unforgettable" was a good idea for today's post.  As I was making it I tried to think how could I make Henry (the stamp, not the stuffed friend) unforgettable, so I decided to use the Baby Wipe Technique.  
Basic instructions are to take a few layers of baby wipes - I think I used two and then folded them to make a nice pad, and put that on a paper plate, then I went to my ink refills from the Brights Collection and just started putting drops of ink randomly on the baby wipe which created a color pallet.  Then using the Beyond Plaid #129201 $23.95 wood mount or #129204 $17.95 stamp set from the NEW Spring Catalog, I inked up the argyle looking print onto Whisper White card stock and using Black Staz On Ink I stamped Henry on top of that and cut him out.  The cute little bowler hat fit perfectly for this type card. To make Henry's eye look bigger I used a mini black brad (purchased from a local craft store). It kept his eye from getting lost in the print pattern.  I also used the Argyle Textured Embossing Folder on the Rich Razzleberry paper.

I made this card late at night and didn't clean everything up before hitting the pillow and in the morning my baby wipe and paper plate looked like this...I'm glad I had four layers of paper plates so it didn't seep onto my table top.
 
and when I pulled off the baby wipe my paper plate looked like this...pretty huh?!
I just couldn't throw this out so I cut a 3 1/2" circle using my Bigz 3 1/2" Circle Die and now look what I made with that "lucky leftover"...
Another new item used is the Tea Lace Paper Doily # 129399 $2.95 (for 24 - 4" doilies) I love them, they are a wonderful quality.  In fact this is the base card that we are using for the Girls Get Away at church.  You will see those invitations posted later.  
Stamp Set: Secret Garden and the Secret Garden coordination Framelits so I only had to hand cut the two smallest sizes.  Purchase the stamp set and the framelits as a bundle #131100 $42.95 Wood Mount, or #131099 $36.95 Clear Mount.

Today is also Red Hot Stamper Sketch Challenge day so here is the sketch we had to work with...
And this is my take on it...
These new stamp sets OH, WHALE! and CIAO, BABY are available in the spring catalog.  I loved the was it turned out so much that we will be using this in one of my future Stamp A Stack classes.
Now click HERE to see what the other Red Hot Stampers came up with for this sketch.
Thanks For Stopping By!
Christi


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates