Funky Fold Graduation Card

Friday, May 16, 2014
A while back I posted this Funky Fold Card using the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set


Well, I have had a request for the how-to on how to make this Funky Fold Card - so here goes - I must say that the first time I made this Funky Fold Card was at an up line meeting at Glenda's but she found the instructions on LeeAnn Greff's blog.

You will start with a piece of card stock 4 1/4" x 11"

Your Stampin' Trimmer (#126889 $29.95) is your best friend for cutting and scoring this type of card


I hope you can see this but I will give you the measurements anyway... With the 4 1/4" at the top of your Stampin' Trimmer - place the edge at 3/4" (if you want a wider side panel you can place it at 1") and CUT (using the ruler of your trimmers arm to measure) from the 4 1/2" mark down to the 10" mark.  You need to do this on both sides.

Now with the 11" side of your card stock at the top of the trimmer, SCORE at 4 1/2" (SCORE up to the cut line only) at 4 1/2", 5 1/2", 9" and 10".  REMEMBER: SCORE UP TO THE CUT LINE ONLY!


Fold on the score lines: 4 1/2", 5 1/2" and 10" are mountain folds with the 9" score line being a valley fold.
Now all you need to do is decorate your card.  Since I am in the Graduation mode I chose the bright celebration colors in the KALEIDOSCOPE Designer Series Paper Pack (#132995 $10.95)


and the BLUE RIBBON stamp set.(#131964 $28.95 wood mount or #125981 $20.95 clear mount)


I will give you the dimensions for the card using the 3/4" sides...  side pieces are 1/2" x 4 1/4" (x2), the bottom piece is 3/4" x 4" and the center piece is 2 1/2" x 4 1/4".


I stamped the BLUE RIBBON in Bermuda Bay ink twice.  I cut the banner end out and stamped the inside with Melon Mambo ink.  Then I punched the Scallop circle using the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch.  I popped them both up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The center is stamped with Versa Mark and heat embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder on Crushed Curry Card Stock, punched out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Hope this is helpful to all of you who were curious.  Thanks again to LeeAnn Greff for the fun tutorial.

Just a heads up... the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper will retire on June 1st when the Occasions Catalog is finished, and the Melon Mambo Embossing Powder is on the RETIRED LIST.  You can check that list out HERE.  For every $50 order you place from now until June 30 I will give you DOUBLE 50/50 rewards, plus your name will go in a separate drawing for those who help me to achieve the Washington DC trip!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates