Thankful Thursday

Thursday, June 12, 2014
I am so very thankful for my sweet hubby who is so extremely talented.  If his name was Bob, I could call him Bob the Builder like the children's show that the kids in my day care used to like.  Little Charlie was his happiest when walking around with his play screw driver - so cute! And Dale is the same way - he is the happiest when he has a project, and boy has this been a doosie!
This past week he finished up on the flooring

 AMAZING!!
 Then we put Billy to work to pick up the dirt!
 Next came the trim work.  He decided that since this is such a large room he wanted to put up the wider trim around the slider
 As well as the floor molding

 A little chalk to seal it all up and give it a finished look - a trick he learned from the painters that did our upstairs when we moved in
 Even the "little" things like getting my clock back up on the wall was HUGE for me
More handy hooks and the photo frame with pictures of my parents and my sisters - very dear to my heart
 Before he went to work one morning he did a quick mopping on the floor because although Billy is good at picking up the dirt, with all the work going on down here the floor was still dusty.
I am thankful for my Father-in-law (now gone 9 years already) for instilling in my hubby - his youngest son - to be a help to his wife.  Dad was a great example of a devoted husband who never tired of helping Mom even before he was her care giver for 18 years after her first stroke.
I thought it was appropriate to share a Thank You note today for my Thankful Thursday post.  This is a card we made on Tuesday at my walk-in class.  I left the top right corner empty for the ladies so they could make it whatever they needed so I made mine a Thank You note using the beautiful sentiment from BLOOMING WITH KINDNESS stamp set teamed up with the STIPPLE BLOSSOM flowers
Thanks for stopping by!
Christi Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Rachel Verbrugge said...

Gorgeous! Next time come over I am going to wear socks so I can slip-n-slide all over your new floor. LOL.

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates