Sweet Saturday

Saturday, July 12, 2014
This is a graduation cake that I made recently.  The graduate absolutely loves Cheetah print but since I could not find a Cheetah print edible image I had to make my own by purchasing a Cheetah print felt 8 1/2 x 11 and then using my edible image printer I scanned the felt and printed the image.  She also wanted to incorporate the Hudsonville High School maize and blue color scheme.

Want to see how I cut and fill all these sheet cakes?
 I have a separate spool of dental floss in my cake decorating caddy
 and I use it like a knife by sliding it down the center of the cake
 which cuts it in half
 I slide my flat cookie sheet between the layers
 Lift
 and set aside
 I pipe frosting around the inside edges to create a barrier for the filling so it will not come through the decorated cake
 This particular marble cake had a chocolate filling
 Now I simply slide the top back on
 lining it up
 so that it fit exactly how I took it off
 voila`

 4 Cakes / 2 orders.  Check back next week for Sweet Saturday for the second order that you see waiting here
Thanks for stopping by!
Christi Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates