LEGO my Cake!!

Saturday, August 11, 2012
I'm posting my July cake a bit late, but if you follow my blog at all 
you already know that I have been "UBER BUSY" with our sons wedding 
and trying to keep up with my classes.  
The little guy that this cake was for wanted a LEGO cake and thanks to 
Pinterest I could copy this design for him.  
The photo I used as a sample did not have the raised nubs on the LEGOS 
and the gal who ordered it wanted the raised ones using half of a large 
marshmallow.  For as simple of a cake as this is, it was a challenge because 
of frosting all the separate blocks.  
I was told, though, that when the birthday boy saw the cake he squealed 
so I guess it was a big hit.



Since I was making a LEGO CAKE I thought maybe I would try my hand 
at a LEGO CARD.  This Super Simple one was inspired by Mary R. 

This second one was inspired by Elizabeth Reugemer.  
 Debbie Henderson featured Elizabeth's card on her blog.
The LEGO sizes are 2" x 1 3/8 and 1 3/8" square
The Birthday wishes are from the retired stamp set 
HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY WISHES

The squares are 1 3/8" and the circle nubs are 1/2"
His arms are the Heart to Heart Punch with hands of 1/4" and 1/2"
His head is 1 1/4" square w/rounded edges, a 1/2" square nub for the top
Slot Punch used for his suspenders and mouth, 1/4" circle eyes
His body was made by layering real red and pacific point Large Tag Punches
The happy birthday greeting is from the NEW stamp set MADE FOR YOU
A lot of sponging and using dimensionals makes the card a bit more 3D 
I adhered the 1/2" circles with glue dots.
 
Thanks For Stopping By!

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates