RHSSC #51

Sunday, August 26, 2012
Sketch Challenge Time!!

This is the sketch we had to work with for this week...
 
 When my friend, Rachel, prepared these sketch challenges I printed them out and thought I would be "on the ball" and do them up ahead of time, but alas, the time slips away and I remembered Friday night (as I was laying in bed to sleep) that I needed to get it done right away in the morning since we were traveling to Indiana for a wedding the next day.
Guess that is why I had wedding on the brain when I put the card together...

 A while back I had made THIS CARD with the FLOATING RE INKER TECHNIQUE
and my friend Carla wanted me to teach her how to do it.  So on one of our play days together we made up some flowers using the 
FIFTH AVENUE FLORAL (retired) stamp set.
I had set these flowers aside for this particular sketch and now I am really glad I did 
because of being in a time crunch.  I was able to put this card 
together in less than 10 minutes!!

See how I used the MANHATTAN EMBOSSING FOLDER to emboss just a 
corner of the inside piece?  Using Shimmery White Card Stock 
also made the card have that little extra 'something'.
The "flecking" color on the front was done with the COLOR SPRITZER TOOL 
and markers (Daffodil Delight and Regal Rose)

The ribbon down the side is double layered with Regal Rose Grosgrain
(retired) and Organza Ribbons

Now click HERE to see what the other Red Hot Stampers did with this sketch
and won't you consider playing along with us in our sketch challenges??!!

Thanks For Stopping By!

Have A Blessed Day!!

Christi



Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates